Monday, February 23, 2015

BRAGGING WRITES

The text read:

"He can't graph the systems of equations when one of the equations is in standard form instead of slope intercept form"

There was a time in my life that those words would have made me panic.  Or, probably write back, "This is GBA_GF... I think this text is for someone else."

Instead I wrote, "first have him isolate the y term.  then he can solve for y."

I suddenly pictured me calling my spanish speaking friend for help, and having her write something back in spanish...
so... I called the texter and we math'd it out.

And life was good, and as far as I know she didn't sell her son on ebay, and he didn't call her any names.

Why am I sharing this?

You know that moment when you help your friend's kid with Algebra, and you just want to call your Dad to brag that not only did someone think to call you for math help, you actually KNEW THE ANSWER?

THIS was that moment.

Now, if only I could convince my kids that I'm actually smart.

~savor the run~

No comments: