Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ki-YAH!

I was INSPIRED tonight by my KARATE final exam.  YES, I completed the Gengi (Genji?) Kata, 4 one step sparring episodes, 2 free sparring incidents and then, after all that, I BROKE A BOARD!!!  I did.  I walked right up, and kicked it, and it broke with a resounding crash!  On the first day of class when the prof told us we had to break a board, I almost dropped it (class, not the board) on the spot.  But I hung in there...  I persevered and... I broke a board.  Man, what a stress release.  I'm sorry but that needs to be at the end of every Stroller Strides class....  "Now, 3 deep breaths, and our final most important STEP is to BREAK A BOARD!"  OK, MAYBE not.  But I was inspired to write a song tonight.  Just a little diddy I thought up.  COMpletely original....  If you happen to think to yourself, "Damn, g. this is amazingly like John Lennon's War is Over Christmas Song", I will tell John you thought that the next time I see him...  And so, Happy Christmas...

So this is Christmas....
And what have you done?
One semester over....
A new one just registered... uh, begun...
AND so this is Christmas....
I hope you had fun,
The near and the dear one,
The old and the young.

A very merry Christmas,
And a happy new gelati (tough rhyme on that one...)
Let's hope it's a good one,
without any Karate!

And SO this is Christmas!!!!
For weak and for strong
For rich and the poor ones
The world is so wrong!

And so Happy Christmas!
For black belts and white,
For yellow and red belts
let's stop all the fight!

Karate is over over...
If you want it....
Karate is OVER... over...

See- look at all that Christmas cheer just OOZING off the computer screen.  I KNEW I would feel better once it was over.  Or, it could be the Bailey's over Ice I'm drinking right now...  

2 comments:

PinkAsphaltMama said...

Wait just a MINUTE! I thought that the Bailey's over ice was for the midnight cheese tray festivities on Christmas Eve. Are you saying it's allowed any time? I LIKE your Christmas rules a LOT!

I took Billiards & Table Tennis for my PE credit - yes, pool & ping pong. It was "taught" by the head football coach and met in the campus bar. Of course, all the football players took it, and showed up with their own cues in the little cases. The best part was that my friend Rachel, a music major, kicked all their butts and won the class 8 ball tournament for the final. Ki-YAH indeed!

Will you be available when I need to build a deck since I'm scared of power saws?

gba_gf said...

Bailey's is OK anytime. It's an acceptable substitution for Coffee Mate for breakfast time, at lunch it's OK to have it while your kids are having chocolate milk, and after dinner, it's a dessert drink. Yes, It's like JELLO- there's always room for Baileys.

Happy Holidays!