Friday, December 12, 2014

Parenting WIN


“What do you kids want for Christmas?”

I would guess that question is rolling around a lot these days.  It’s alternate forms include, “What will you ask for from Santa?” and “Hanukkah is about to start...” and “It’s December ... do you need anything?”

Well this year I had an extraordinary answer from two of my three children.

From my son, Gfly, “I don’t know.  No, don't get me anything.  I don’t need anything.”

From my eldest daughter, C, “I don’t need anything either, but please spend the money you would have spent on me and go buy yourself a new warm coat.  The one you have is not warm enough.”

And that was when I realized that A, it’s possible to cry with pride without your children knowing that you are crying and B, I *probably* don’t suck at parenting.

Happy Holidays.

No comments: