Wednesday, August 6, 2008

FINALLY- a light...

Thankfully the light I see at the end of the tunnel is actually a light, and NOT the oncoming train.

Some good news about the foot!  I went to the Dr. today, and she was THRILLED with how it has healed.  She honestly couldn't believe that it was as good as it is, and says I can begin running again in 7 - 10 days.  I'm doing some therapy on it starting today, and can wean myself out of the boot over the course of the next 4-5 days.  I can start swimming immediately (tomorrow actually) and in the absence of pain, can resume my "normal craziness" as I feel comfortable.  I am instructed to treat by booting myself as needed.  With access to the boot, I can truly rest my foot if it gets a slight strain, or even just stabilize it after long runs.  (meaning, since I'm sure the podiatrist KNOWS I'm going to do the 1/2 in some form, the following week I can wear the boot for a few days to help the foot recover w/o injury.)  

The 1/2 is NOT going to be ideal.  I know i will have to walk about 1/2 of it.  So, I'm going to run a 1/4 marathon...  On the up side, I should really be able to drop time for the Nov 1/2...  

No comments: