Thursday, June 23, 2011

Shetland or Clydesdale?

True Story.

MTT has a message board.  The following was posted in it:

I'm looking for an intermediate team that isn't full of clydesdales... 

Are you freaking kidding?

This makes me nuts!

I'm not really a clydesdale, I'm more of a shetland pony.  Short legs, long body, big personality.  Yup, definitely a pony.  And yet, the above statement sets my teeth on edge.

I challenge the person who typed it to defend that statement.

I PRAY that she finds this blog by happenstance.

Aren't there 900 BETTER WAYS TO ASK FOR A NEW TEAM?  Like, one strategy, the one I would use - let's e-mail the MTT coaching staff and say, "I need a team that will be running this pace" or "I'm running with a goal to BQ this year."  Crazy talk!  You could ask for a team assignment without alienating 1100 of the 1200 MTT participants.

There are days when I question what kind of person I am.

I often wonder about myself, am I a pitbull or a poodle?

A FIGHTER or A LAP DOG?

And then I read something like that, and my answer is clear.

12 comments:

MCM Mama said...

Sheesh, sometimes people are just rude! Dude, if I ever need someone at my back, I'm picking you. Just sayin'

Mustang Sally said...

WORD.

Jen said...

speechless.... i'd run with a bunch of Clydesdale over her ANY DAY!. Actually, I prefer to run with real people... not rude, ungraceful people.

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

This clydesdale is going to hunt her down. just saying.

Kittee said...

WOW! Thats pretty Guttsy and Mean!!

Rene' said...

g...after the week that I have had over here, it does not surprise me what people say and how they say it. People are rude and nuts...I have an idea, maybe she/he needs her own group, like by hereself. xoxoxo!

Julie D. said...

really? I think the chances are that girl just might possibly be on a ONE PERSON team. that's just too bad. Those clydesdales might just run right over her.

Unknown said...

wow. I can't believe her! I can hear the stampede coming already for her

bobbi said...

All angry sputtering over here.

I'd hang with clydesdales over b*tches any day, and not just because I AM one...

Grr....

bobbi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica (Pace of Me) said...

seriously? wow. some people are totally clueless!

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

Did you tell her that clydesdales are men, and women are called athenas?
Sounds like she needs a beginner group, since she doesn't even know what she is talking about!