Thursday, September 12, 2013

X is probably 42


While I would like to celebrate the fact that we’ve survived 4 weeks of nursing school plus 2 whole weeks of middle school and first grade at chez moi... I don’t think I can do that...

Yes, I did manage to get them there on time without missing any busses, and yes, on 75% of the days that I sent them, the lunches I lovingly packed full of nutritional goodness like Doritos (cheese, right?) and dry cereal (um...) were actually in their book bags. It’s just that the sense of accomplishment of sending 3 people out into the world is dimmed by the fact that tomorrow is Friday, and I have done no laundry since Tuesday. This, of course, means that I have 6000 pounds of laundry to do before Monday rears it’s ugly head...

How I have so much laundry is a mystery of the universe that probably requires a mathematician or physicist to write into an equation so that some poor high schooler will have it to solve in a text book for advanced math so that they can grow up to go to college to be a physicist, etc.

My personal nightmare would read something like:

If a mother has 3 children, and the oldest wears 1 outfit a day, the second wears 1 outfit and 3 pairs of socks a day, and the youngest wears 2 outfits, 8 pairs of socks and 3 skirts a day, how many loads of laundry will the mother have to wash assuming that there was no rain but a dirt pile was delivered to a neighbor’s yard? Solve for X...

X is probably 42.

Or purple.

Meanwhile, I think I deserve a break. And a beer. And heck, maybe an award for managing to remember to pay the babysitter... wait... did I remember to... 

2 comments:

Melissa Cunningham said...

i really had to lol at this!
can TOTALLY relate!!!!
if given the same equation at my household, x would probably =142...

hang in there!!!!!!

Michele @ Running for Oreos said...

That's awesome. I seriously laughed pretty dang hard just now.

Maybe the number is closer to 68?