Saturday, July 5, 2008

An Ode to my Swollen Foot

I feel like a Dr Suess Poem today...  You know the one- my hat is old, my teeth are gold, my nasty hair smells like mold, and now my story is all told... OK OK, I know, it's not quite like that, but I don't remember the whole gig.  Today after my run today I wrapped an ice pack around the top of my foot (which is quite unhappy at the moment) and went about my business packing and running errands before we head out on our trip.  Well, with the ice pack wrapped on, I could hardly walk b/c even my soft ice pack is sort of firm and that makes it hard to bend the foot- I ended up walking with a huge limp and explaining myself ALL DAY.  "What HAPPENED to YOU?"  "I ran today, my foot is sore, I'd tell you but I'd be a bore.  Suffice it to say its a swollen mess, how it happened I can only guess.  Thanks however for the concern, no, it's not likely that I'll learn, I'm going to rest it for a few days, I'll swim in the warm Bermuda bays, then I'll run some miles more, and next week the top of my foot'll be sore..."  

I ran 10 today, and I can say
my bum is sore in a bad bad way,
my bum is sore but that's not all
my foot has swelled to a small baseball,
my swollen foot is kinda pink
and puffed and odd and yes I think
that my swollen foot is a tendon strain,
and it's in a wicked lot of pain.
So now we know my foot is sore,
I could go on, but that would be a bore.
The run was good, the run was far, 
we ran from car to park to car,
I could say something here about an a * *.
When I got home it was go go go,
felt like I was moving slow slow slow
Packin', cleanin', packin' more,
we're ready to head on out the door.
My throat hurts too, which sucks a bit,
But I'm hoping to forget about it,
when the pink sand comes into view,
The H & I know what to do,
and that's sit back, relax, take in the sun,
We're off to Bermuda to have some fun.

No comments: