Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's Pouring

Because when it rains, it pours.

H's beloved Mermere passed away today at the age of 98.  It wasn't unexpected or anything, but somehow it was still a shock.  Anyway, I packed him up (only forgetting one major thing that I just discovered and he's about to discover) and put him on a plane in less than 2 hours time.  H arrived in MA only 4 hours after I had initially heard the news.  I'm that good...  ha ha.

But really, thank goddess my mother, MJ, is here.  She has been a life saver (B's), thinking up ways to fill the children's days, forcing us all (ALL) to take naps each day, cleaning closets and making giant goodwill deposits.  She's not great at the day to day cleaning (Sorry MJ), but she's great at PURGING stuff.  Living on a boat has honed that skill.

So.  I have a "broken down" foot.  No H. And a mother who hates Laundry more than me.  Somehow this is not how I pictured my week.

No comments: