Sunday, November 2, 2008

Just when you're about to give up

So, there's a few realities that have come to me lately.  The first is that I'm cheating on my blog with Facebook.  Yea.  Sorry about that.  I just don't have time to be addicted to blogger and facebook.  I guess I need rehab or something.  Here's the week in short, in no order, just things I thought of now.

So, just when I was about to give up on my son, he looks at me today and says, "Mom, you're a pretty good cook."

Um.  Thanks?

Followed by, "this is the best dinner ever.  Can we have this next Sunday?  And the Sunday after?"

Isn't that sweet?  Instead of just saying Ok, I decided to be honest.  "Well G, I don't think I can make this every week."

"Thats OK.  You can just get Pizza.  This is almost as good as that."  I should have quit when I was ahead.

Oh.  OK.  For just a moment there, I was having a moment.  My life was full.  My child appreciated my cooking and things were good.  And, then, my herb crusted pork loin roast was ranked along side of Papa Johns Pizza.  I'm not sure if that's a compliment, or a dis.

AND- Thirty minutes later H gives me bad news.  He's sick.  Which is bad, because what he's dealing with will either be gone by tomorrow, or we're off to St Mary's to spend the day in the ER on Tuesday.  I told him that was fine, but that he had to vote before I would take him to the ER if he felt we had to go.  

OH, and one more thing of note- SDD came trick or treating with us on Friday.  HOLY SNAP.  Damn- he's still f'n hot.  I swear, I nearly swooned.

No comments: