Thursday, September 22, 2011

Une note d'Anne

Dear Anne,


It's hard to believe that in a few days you will run your first marathon.


Wow.  Can you believe you're here?  I remember it like yesterday.  I left a comment about relaxing and embracing the run and letting the speed come to you with patience.  


I am so proud of you.  You get this.


You get that this isn't always about going fast.  Sometimes this is about going strong.  You're UBER Anne... and you're going to ROCK the Marathon OASIS de Montréal.  I just KNOW IT.


BUT JUST IN CASE... Let's review...  


Savor EVERY MOMENT.  You only get to run your first marathon once.  Smile for the camera, embrace the moment, cheer for the volunteers and spectators & THEY WILL CHEER FOR YOU.  Savor it.


You've got a plan, follow it.


BE STRONG.  You can do anything you put your mind to...  not just pretty words.  Believe it.


There is NO SUCH THING AS THE WALL.  That "wall" you might encounter, it's all in your head.  Beat it down and charge through it with determination and grit.  Crush it.


You've got this .... Own it.


You are UBER Anne.  


happy running my friend!
g.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh, this just made me cry! Makes me think about November 12th, what great encouragement for your friend. :)

Anne said...

I can't see through the tears as I write this...thank you so much for this beautiful and touching message. You have indeed been there from the start and I've always appreciated your wise words. I remember that comment at the beginning that turned things around for me. You called me on my constant worry about being so slow and reminded me to just savor the run. Reading that comment was like lifting a weight off my shoulders...the pressure was off and so was I :). Thank you once again G for this amazing start to my day...Big hug (((())))

fancy nancy said...

Goosebumps all over!!! What an encouraging post! GO ANNE!!!!

dawn @ running the dawn said...

yay anne!!!!

bobbi said...

Go Anne GO!! :)

Meredith said...

Good luck Anne! And G is so right, SAVOR!