Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I am two women

“I am two women: one wants to have all the joy, passion and adventure that life can give me. The other wants to be a slave to routine, to family life, to the things that can be planned and achieved. I'm a housewife and a prostitute, both of us living in the same body and doing battle with each other.” 




And I'm thinking, is there anything that I have ever read that comes close to summing up my life as a runner more than this?   I really don't think so.  No wonder I'm so exhausted when I fall into bed at night.

3 comments:

carrie said...

SO true! I'm joining you on taper island, had to take my long run yesterday because PTA responsibilities have me busy the rest of the week. Can't wait to kick you off the island soon!!!

Run with Jess said...

OMG, I absolutely LOVE this!!!! That is exactly ME too!

Jen said...

Love, LOVE this.