Sunday, May 10, 2009

Quotes from the Other Side

So, today I thought of writing one of those "many reasons I'm thankful to be a mother" posts, and then I thought, that isn't funny.  That's the opposite of humor.  I thought, instead, I would share some of the better quotes that have been shared with me about motherhood.  From the simple, to the profound, some of these quotes have saved me from committing a fatal error (like selling a child on e-bay) or reminded me to hug my child.  

"Motherhood is not for sissies."

"Some are kissing mothers, and some are scolding mothers, but it is love, just the same."  (Pearl S Buck)

"I'm smiling because I'm your mother.  I'm laughing because there's nothing you can do about it."

"My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it."  (Mark Twain)

((One of my mother's favorites)) "Always be nice to your children, for they are the ones who will chose your rest home."  (Phyllis Diller)

"God could not be everywhere so he created mothers."

"A woman's wisdom is passed from one generation to the next. Today is a good day to reflect on the wisdom you've received and the wisdom you have to share with others."


No comments: