Wednesday, May 25, 2011

USED

It's wordless Wednesday.  But I couldn't stay quiet today.

see...

I just wanted to “do” something.

something "good".

I sometimes feel like running is selfish.  I mean, what does it DO?

I couldn’t sit back and not “do” something when it seemed there is so much to be done.

So very much to be done… 

I tried to use my birthday this year. 

What am I saying? 

I did USE it.

I used it. 

And you know what?

My birthday LIKED it. 

It LIKED being used.  It APPRECIATED having a purpose beyond eating and “junk”.

I don’t NEED anything.  I mean, I love gifts as much as the next girl, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t NEED another THING in my life.

But GIVING? That's something I REALLY dig.

So...

I feel like now my birthday is going to have expectations. 

It’s not going to want to go back to “just being another Birthday”. 


And that's OK, because I dig that too.

I would like to say a quick thank you to those of you who donated.  


Deeply, truly, thank you to Courtney B....


I'm gushing with Thanks for Katye, GBA James, Jess, Erika....


I'm spilling over with GRATITUDE for Q, Jen Pixie Green, Robin Low, Stephen S. ~ who hasn't seen me in (ahem) 20 years!


And then Susie Hall's donation blew me out of the water!


Kc, Karasmatic, SpeeDee, Iron J are the kinds of friends who just go with the flow...


Sexy Domesticated Dad runs deep... very very deep...


Billie, The Illusive Dave, my Pen Pal Rene, Marine Corp Maggie, Just Wynne, & GBA Earth Mama Mer spilled over with generosity....

There are others, and hopefully by the time this goes to press there will be a few more.  In the end, about $690 was raised.  The campaign stays up for about a month, so maybe I will make it to the goal.  I set a high goal, because I had no idea what to expect.  That's OK if I don't make it.  Do you know why?  I'm down with coming short on a goal if the results are as FABULOUS as THIS.
Almost $700 toward my BIRTHDAY WATER STOP!

Thank you again.  You all inspire me.

2 comments:

Jen said...

WOW... $700 towards your birthday gift... that ROCKS!

Anonymous said...

that's awesome.. so glad I came over to read this!!