5 Things Friday!
1) NOTHING in the world makes a runner more bad a** than having a point rider on a bike. I promise. Call your best non-running girlfriend for a bike ride/run and see what I'm talking about.
2) Why do kids always get the best fortunes in their cookies? Really, my 3 year old daughter always gets something profound about improving the universe without trying, and I get something like, "ancient chinese proverb says you have to pay for chinese food with cash to enjoy it most". Really?
3) The longer a chore is left undone, the longer it will be put off. (aha - I should be writing fortune cookie fortunes.) Any married woman with kids will confirm that is true.
4) This is the last day I have as a 33 year old woman. Tomorrow, starts the long slow count down to the "new box", as Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker) in Sex in The City called it.
5) Sunday H & I will have been married for 12 years. So cool, because to me 12 years seems like a long time. Something really worthy of celebrating. Anyone can make it 2 years... but not every one makes it 12. (yea, I know, some don't make it two, this is not a judgement, I don't judge.) Every year for our anniversary, H & I have gone over the top to try to find a cheap item that matches the "YEAR" and doesn't break the bank. It started this way because when we were first married, all we could afford to buy each other was a card (paper). We'd just bought a house, with a new refrigerator... so... yea, "Happy Anniversary Dear".
Over the years the gifts I gave him ranged from the practical to the funny... IRON (6th) a driver, which the guy at the sports store assured me could be referred to as a driving iron (golf club)... and Bronze (8th) was a "Bronzing" at a Spray Tan place. Copper (7th) was a tube of CopperTone *he's fair and burns easily, it's the family joke. Pottery (9) was a coffee cup. Last year I bought him a $50 bottle of wine from a vineyard with the word Steel in it, and... something I choose not to mention in Blogland, but was Stainless Steel (11th). So this year is SILK!!! 12!!!! I'm super "stoked", and super "wondering what am I going to get him that's SILK?" I mean, it would be so easy for him, Step 1. go into Victoria's Secret, Step 2 tell the lady you need anything size M that's silk. Done.
I can't exactly do that, can I? And he does not work in a tie wearing kind of job - no need for silk tie. Wait a minute... Silk Sheets? What do you think, would a man want silk sheets for his 12th anniversary?
In past years, when I've come up blank, I've done some crazy things like, for the year Aluminum/Tin (hello?) I got myself "internationally" waxed. I figured, that was way better for him than a tin cup....