Anyway, I was volleying with a friend on e-mail, and that friend suggested that I had lots of people who would gladly take some of my stress. Since that friend was at work, and I've already burst into tears on a phone convo recently with said friend anyway, I deemed it a good idea to call in someone who I KNOW can cheer me up who was available in person, and always makes me smile.
20 something year old neighbor.
Reflecting on that today, I came to some conclusions about how a young 20something year old operates... and found it hilarious as she cheerfully applied these lessons to my 34 year old married with three kids PTA Nursing School life. 99% of her thoughts didn't really exactly translate... but close enough!
- There is no problem that cannot be solved with Tequila and a game of Dirty Scrabble. If you find one that cannot be solved with Tequila and Scrabble, call another friend and see if they have any High End Tequila so you can do shots.
- If a guy says he has a girlfriend, that means it's OK to be his "just a friend". The goal is to be his Friend who hangs out with him alone, in his bedroom, playing music together... just sayin'.
- If your friend's boyfriend wrongs them, they are an a**H. And that is that. No questions asked. No need to worry about two sides of the story. They did wrong = a**H.
- All is fair in Love and War.
- Keep your friends close, your frenemies closer, and make your enemy your new BFF. Particularly if said enemy has a hot brother, neighbor, or boyfriend. See above note.
- If you run out of conversation topic with a 20something, the topic will turn to sex. Actually you don't have to run out of conversation, this is going to happen anyway. This was particularly interesting/entertaining because suddenly I was WAY smarter than she was on a topic. Age, hey, it has some benefits.
- Trying to discuss an ethics class with a 20something is like trying to discuss an ethics class with a 4 year old. No one is going to get much out of it, but the conversation will probably make you laugh.
- The old adage, "back burner guy" still applies.. only when I was 20something, there were only 4 burners to begin with, now people have 6 burner stoves with a griddle...
There is NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING like a good belly laugh and good conversation to take your troubles away for a few minutes, and no, that was NOTHING like a (ahem) good conversation!