Thursday, May 29, 2008

Training plan... part B

Ok, so now I'm recovered from my week from hell and I am going to get focused on my training plan.  I realized the other day while I was noshing on a Doritos (or is that a Dorito?) that perhaps I should look into some good running nutrition.  After all, one cannot fuel a racing machine with partially hydrogenated imitation cheese coated onto a deep fried corn chip.  Wow, put that way it's a miracle that Doritos are as tasty as they are...  I digress, as usual.  

I have a running plan for training for a 1/2 marathon.  If I do what it says, then I will be able to run for 13.1 miles in a reasonable amount of time with a minimal amount of vomit.  As I said, my goals are low.  But what about the rest of the plan?  When Lance Armstrong plans for a race, he doesn't just train his body, he also feeds it.  OK- Ok, so I'm NOT Lance, my boobs are bigger and my booty would NEVER fit on one of those bikes, but as an example it's a good analogy.  I need to feed myself as though I am a professional now that I am training for a race that exceeds "good sense".  Yea, I think that 13.1 miles is excessive, and yet, here I am... damn, digressing AGAIN.  Keep me on track here folks.  So, I'm in the market for a good "diet" for runners.  No, not diet, not the right word.  I think what I'm looking for is a list of foods that would benefit me, or maybe some nutritional rules to follow... not a code, but definitely some guidelines.  Preferably loose guidelines that include chocolate and wine, but I'm not picky... Google here I come...

Nutrition Half Marathon Training Chocolate Carbohydrates...

No comments: