Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Bye Meeeeeee!!!!

Ok, so I'm not trying to make fun of my kid... but... I can barely type I'm laughing so hard right now.  Today afterschool during the homework rush, G stabbed his hand with a pencil.  He was "bouncing to his back pack".  

He was in hysterics.  I mean, absolute HYSTERICS, and to be honest, I was having a hard time not actually laughing AT him as I got out the "bag of stuff" we'd use to dislodge a splinter or bandage a minor cut.

"What are you going to use?"  So, I hold up the tweezers, mistakenly thinking that this will calm him.  Yea.  About that.  "NOOOOOOOooooooooo!  No NO noNOONONONONONOOOooO!"

"Well G, it's got to come out.  Here, hold this ice and numb your hand a bit, that will help a little."  And after a while I set out to remove a microscopic piece of lead (graphite).  So, I'm manipulating his little hand and I had to get out the scissors (medical type) to nip off a tiny piece of skin and he sees the scissors and I swear he almost passes out as he's gasping, "bye, meeeeeeee!"  Um.  Bye?  As in, this is it?  Uh, I don't think so.

H walks in about now from work, "OH MY GOD WHAT HAS HAPPENED???".  me, matter of fact - replies in a quick sum up  "G...pencil lead...hand... almost got it...blah blah..." to which H shouts, "OH MY GOD!  DO WE NEED TO TAKE HIM TO THE ER???" 

So.  I guess we can see where G gets it from.

No comments: