I'm pretty pleased... no, scrap that, I'm very optimistic... I'm disappointed that... Hmmm.
I think it's safe to say I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.
1) Pace was TOO fast, but I willfully and knowingly held it even when I was telling myself it would be a good idea to slow down.
2) Route was bloody hilly. I mean, like, hillier than I like it, and we all know that I like hilly routes.
3) I took a ice bath, and enjoyed it so much that I spent the day icing my achilles tendon. Which doesn't make me happy, but it doesn't make me panic.
4) If I ran the first 20 of the marathon at Sunday's Pace, and then even ran an 11 minute pace for the last 6.2 of the marathon, I'd have something like a 29 minute PR. So. Basically, I ran the 20 at slightly slower than PERFECT DAY MRP, but a bit (quite a bit actually) faster than my SLOW GOAL MRP.
5) I did not have enough body glide, but otherwise my outfit was PERFECT - RunningSkirts Green Plaid, Lime Green Shirt, and the "back up socks". I didn't wear the race socks. I'll wear race socks next 20 miler.
(Ok, those sweat marks are really poorly placed, I will try to sweat better next time...)
This week I finished 51 miles AND I rounded the corner and passed 900 miles for the year.
And I think it's safe to say, next week will be a recovery week over here at Chez Moi.