Saturday, October 16, 2010

AWOL iPOD

Dear iPod,
I thought our relationship was going well.  I thought you liked living together.  I thought that you enjoyed my new found love of music, and for that matter, all my new music.  Obviously, I thought wrong.  
Perhaps you don’t R.E.S.P.E.C.T. the Changes I’ve made in the past year?  You don’t like Eminem?  You don’t enjoy D12?  Perhaps it’s the addition of Andrew York, the classical guitarist that has turned you against me?  Say It Ain’t So!  Do you have 99 Problems that I don’t know about?  

Why, iPod, why have you left me?
I remember the day so clearly.  We went for a drive, and I left you in the car while I ran.  The sun was shining, the miles were long, and ... and... ~gasp~... when I got back the car, you... were... gone.  Just Gone Daddy Gone, and while I Will Survive, the marathon is not going to be a piece of Cake without you.  I know, I know, I shouldn’t have left you behind, and I’m sorry.  More than you could possibly know.  Please, come home.
I Miss You.

g.

4 comments:

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

lol - Very cute!

Jen said...

Need to borrow one?

Meredith said...

I looked for your email and didn't find it, but I just wanted to say THANK YOU so much for your follow-up comments regarding my question for you...
:)
It is so easy for me to get trapped in my head and start living like I am all alone. The more that I talk about it, the more I realize that I have this HUGE network of support, but if I don't reach out when I am having a rough moment, then what good does it do me??

So anyway... thank you so much. :)
-Meredith

racing dawn said...

Oh the heartache. I feel your pain. I hope your ipod finds itsw way back to you. Can't imagine a race without one! Cute post... :)