Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 2 on Taper Island - M.T.I.I.

Last night I dreamed some crazy dreams, which lead nicely into a re-visit with my Best Frenemy, INSOMNIA!

What did I learn?

Don't read about the marathon, talk about the marathon, post a blog post about a training run, and then read e-mails regarding the marathon again right before bed.

Because you know what?  You'll re-live the entire training run (all 21 miles of it) and all the conversations (including the part where you may be thinking, "if I have to do CPR, am I strong enough right now to do it?") and don't worry, your subconscious will make a few changes for you in the meantime, and no, they won't be those "awesome" kind of changes that result in Hugh Jackman joining the SNOT MTT training team.

I woke up this morning, completely WIDE awake... only... what's that?  The clock reads:  12:23a.m.  Oh.  No.  One of those nights.  Pretty much, up. all. night.

Hello MTII, it's been 11 months, and I missed you so.

Marathon Taper Induced Insomnia.

5 comments:

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I'm there too. I wish I'd get voted off!

misszippy said...

Ugh! I HATE insomnia! One of my tricks--don't look at the clock. It's so much worse when you know what time it is and how long you've been up. Hope tonight is better for you!

Rene' said...

i am right with you, only i have been waking up every hour from 12 am until 5 am. I am a walking basket case. Only 12 days for me then I am off....then enter the post race depression I usually suffer from for two weeks post race.

Jen said...

I am sorry... BTW: I am not trying to a PR during my last 3... I was just thinking that it would be cool. Maybe my goal on marathon #10

Anne said...

Insomnia sucks...I agree with Misszippy, no clock!