Thursday, October 14, 2010

ONE THOUSAND MILES!!!

On yesterday's run I reached...

One... Thousand... Miles!!!
(said in the Mike Myers Austin Power's Voice)

WHOO HOOO!  Let's do a quick recap of the year, so you can understand why I'm so over the moon.  Thankfully, Daily Mile has cheerfully stored my mile entries without complaint (which is a rare thing as far as I'm concerned and should be positively reinforced).

RUNNING Total for JANUARY 2010:  5 miles

Yea, that's a 5, and NO, there are no other words or numbers there that might make that number better.  I finished 2009 with a devastating injury that left me with several months of rehab and a medical bills that totaled into the thousands.  (somewhere I read once that running is really economical).

RUNNING Total for the rest of the year really show my steady, and not so steady, climb back into my favorite sport...
Feb   27 miles
Mar   54 miles
Apr  100 miles
May 117 miles
June 129 miles
July  148 miles
Aug 157 miles
Sept 186 miles
Oct so far isn't that exciting, but I'll include the number anyway:  87 miles

And here I am, with 1000 miles under my shoes.  Wow.

I always thought I would be really poetic, and artful, and... to be honest, I'm so drained from Marathon Training PLUS 11 Credit Hours of school PLUS feeling the weight of that application over my head PLUS being a mom of 3 kids that I really don't have anything else to say except...

I thought to celebrate my accomplishment I would do a NEUROTIC Give Away!

What's in the pot you ask???

I thought I would include a few prizes that include things that I love that take some of my Neuroses Down at Notch...

Tall Socks - which keep me warm on cold days whether I wear them with a short skirt or long jeans.
Nathan's Reflector - which keeps me safe on my early morning excursions, and can also keep a child quiet in the DMV line.  (either the light or bracelets)
Gummy Bears - which can be used as an emergency "kid" bribe or even as fuel if you're out of GU.
KOOL-Aid - because let's face it, if you're reading the blog here, you're probably already drinking the Kool-aid...  even if you don't drink Kool-aid, you can always use it to dye your hair like a college student or color play-dough for your preschoolers.

There will be two prizes, randomly chosen.

How do you ENTER?  Well now, isn't that just the question...

1.  Be a Follower.  Leave a comment.
2.  Tell me one thing about yourself.
3.  Ask me one thing about myself.
4.  Tell me about a race you're planning to run in 2011 in your state/country/hometown/favorite vacation spot/etc.
5.  Like NofSahm on Facebook!  Come back and leave a comment here.  (and please, by all means, write something on that very lame looking Facebook Page, it's very very empty!)
6.  Share this giveaway on your blog.  Leave a comment.

Contest Ends on October 20th at midnight (EST)

61 comments:

Meredith said...

I'm a follower!

Meredith said...

One thing about myself... I'm fairly new to running! Just started in January and am about to run my 3rd 1/2 this weekend which is the half that inspired me to start running in the 1st place (okay, that's kinda more than one)

Meredith said...

Because I'm fairly new to your blog... How many miles a week do you run if you're not training for a race?

Meredith said...

I've already got 3 races planned for 2011, but the one I'm most excited about it the Vancouver USA marathon on June 19th. It will be my 1st marathon and it will be Vancouver's too! So excited!!

Meredith said...

I like you on FB and I left a comment :)

Unknown said...

I love gummy bears. I eat them as my fuel before I go out on long runs, okay and short runs. I buy 3 bags each week and pretend that I only eat them before or during a run.

Rene' said...

I am a follower!

Rene' said...

One thing about me is that I am the stay at home mom of 4 and I am crazy about my training plans. If it says that I am supposed to run 5, I have to run 5, 20 I have to run 20. It totally throws me off if I don't stick to it.

Rene' said...

My question.....hmmm.....do you enjoy running with people more or solo and are you an ipod user or do just go with it.

Rene' said...

I am planning on a couple of races but I am very excited for the NATIONAL MARATHON in March of 2011. Woo-Hoo!

Rene' said...

I am a friend of yours of the blog on facebook.

Rene' said...

just posted your blog to my sidebar.

Alanna said...

I'm already a follower.

Alanna said...

I just finished my first marathon!

Alanna said...

How do you get out the door to run when you have no desire to push a stroller, but have to since leaving your young child at home alone is highly frowned upon?

Alanna said...

I'm hoping to run the Vancouver (BC) Marathon in May 2011 - I just have to get my husband on board with the idea.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I am a admirer!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

One thing about me.

Noone knows this but I'm a little OCD. What? You already knew? Who told?

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

One question of you.

Do you see yourself staying at this level of running/racing? Will you increase your habit or decrease over the years? Why do you think that?

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

2011 race plans.

Well, I only have 2 ultras plan in 2011 right now. Ummm, both are in March. Yeah, not so well thought out.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I like NofSHM on FB

Three Girls with a Mom said...

I am a follower.

Three Girls with a Mom said...

I am pretty new to running on a regular schedule. I have done several halfs but never trained for them. I have started running 3 - 4 times a week now and it feels great!

Three Girls with a Mom said...

I would love to do a Ragnar Relay race in Washington. It is in July so need to get a little closer to see if I am really ready for that.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

I am a Follower, lurker, hanger-on-er..

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

My name is Melanie and I am a 3-aholic.. I am addicted to 3's, when you have your nursing degree maybe you can help me with that.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Question: When will you be coming to WA to run with me??

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

I Liked and wrote.. Hugs!

Silly Girl Running said...

Congrats!!! And I'm a follower! :)

Jamie said...

Congrats on 1000 miles! I'm a follower

Jamie said...

I'm planning the Goofy challenge in 2011. I just haven't signed up for it yet!

Jamie said...

How far out do you plan races and what are your upcoming ones?

Meredith said...

I am a follower!

Meredith said...

One thing about myself?
I am a brand new runner-- couch to 5k, which I started right before Memorial Day, when my 2nd child was 6 weeks old. Since then I have been in two 5K races, and am just working on keeping running in my schedule now that I am back to work.

Meredith said...

Race for 2011 -- Lobster Festival 10K in Rockland, Maine, in August.

Meredith said...

Question for you!

Because I have been battling/struggling with PPD with this child, and I didn't have it at all with my 1st child, I am wondering what your experiences have been, and if you ever suffered with PPD?

Anne said...

Congratulations on hitting the 1000-mile mark. Clever giveaways too. (I love Gummi Bears as fuel during long races too!)

April said...

I'm a new follower!

April said...

one thing about myself, I am a working mom of 4 beautiful kiddos and I run because I am a much better mom when I do.;)

April said...

I am planning on running the Rock-n-roll AZ in January 2011. My brother lives out there and I ran the half with him last year. I'm considering running the full this time around.

April said...

I "like" NofSahm on FB

April said...

I posted a link on my blog sidebar

MCM Mama said...

I'm still on a search for a running skirt that I like. ;o)

MCM Mama said...

What's your favorite VA race?

MCM Mama said...

I'd really like to run the Boilermaker in NY this coming year. It ends at a brewery and we all know how I feel about that. ;o)

MCM Mama said...

I like Noshm on Facebook

April said...

here is a question for you...do those tall socks ever bother you on your long runs? Do they slide down at all?
I am considering wearing some for my next half but I wasn't sure.

Jenn said...

I'm a new follower!

Jenn said...

One thing about myself...I have a love/hate relationship with running. I'm new to the sport and currently training for my first half in Nov! Very excited about that.

Jenn said...

What is the best advice you can give someone who is about to run in their first half marathon?

Jenn said...

I am working on getting my dad to run the Walt Disney World half with me in January 2011. I am super excited to put on my green outfit for the Shamrock Half in VA Beach in March 2011.

Christa said...

I am a follower

Christa said...

Me- a SAHM to 4 kids that are 9 and under. Love running!! Especially getting other moms to believe and then achieve something they never thought they could (i.e. running)

Christa said...

Do you incorporate speed training into you workouts? If so, what do you do?

Christa said...

Races for 2011, as of right now only one May 8th Kalamazoo Marathon. I will do another marathon next fall but not sure yet. Looking maybe to do an adventure race /relay with my husband next year too.

Christa said...

Follow you on Facebook

Earth Momma Mer said...

I'm a follower now. I've just been a stalker before. :)

Earth Momma Mer said...

Fact about me: I LOVE (aka. obsessed with) Carbon Leaf.

Earth Momma Mer said...

? for G: Have you ever been on a trash run? Want to do one with me?

Earth Momma Mer said...

Hubby & I are training for our first sprint tri. We think it's either going to be Rumpus in Bumpass (April) or Applachian Power Smith Mountain Lake (May).

Earth Momma Mer said...

Already "like" you on FB.