Thursday, October 21, 2010

Three Things Thursday & WINNERS!

1.  Whole days go by when I don't think about my "pending" application to nursing school  And then, when I do remember, it's all I think about for hours and hours.  "What if I'd spent 5 more minutes on my essay?"  "What if my essay wasn't as good as I thought?"  "What if my essay didn't say what I wanted it to?"  "What if, even though I scored very well on my entrance test, it wasn't good enough?"  "What if I'm making a huge mistake and I don't really want to do this but don't know it yet?"  The last one is the one that scares me the most.  Well, last night I dreamed that I broke into the nursing school to read the letters before they went out.  So, obviously I'm thinking about it, even when I'm not thinking about it.

2.  I am in the last week of BIG MILES for marathon training.  As of Monday, in just a few days, I will be in TAPER MODE.  I'm not the best during taper madness.  I tend to eat too much and gain 4 -5 pounds, and then I'm freaked out because I have to carry 4 - 5 extra pounds around for 26.2 miles, and I'm not fun to be around because I don't have enough miles in my schedule to get the endorphins...  I'm thinking of pitching an idea to CBS:

Take 6 obsessed marathoners who are accustomed to running 50 miles per week.  Put them on an island with 6 new runners who find 15 miles a week to be frustratingly hard.  Tell the Marathoners they can only run 15 miles a week.  Tell the Newbies they MUST run 30 miles a week.  Give the newbies unlimited access to McMillan or Coolrunning's Pace calculator.  Give the marathoners access to Self Magazine online.  Watch the DRAMA unfold on TAPER ISLAND!

3.  I wanted to thank everyone here who reads this blog for commenting, questioning, etc.  I'll answer the questions in the next series of posts, starting soon.  Now for the important bit -
The WINNERS for my giveaway are:

#22 - Shelly @ It's Just One Foot in Front of the Other

and

#53- Jenn


Please e-mail me your snail mail information at ginnyflynn at gmail dot com and I'll get your packages in the mail ASAP!!!

4 comments:

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I'm envious of your education drive! I don't think I could go back to school at my age.

I would watch that! It would be awesome!

WooHoo! I won! I won! I needed that this morning after my night of little sleep and loads of sweat. Thanks!

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

I would definitely tune in to that show. Love it! HA!

Julie D. said...

nice show idea!! Don't worry about your nursing school application...you are golden...I'm sure you are in!! :)

MCM Mama said...

LMAO at the show idea.