Monday, September 15, 2008

May the Force be with us...

Now that the whole nipisode is behind me, and we've established that the baby is bipolar, I thought I should offer you all further proof of my neurosis in the form of planning a child's birthday party.  The first one is that I'm venturing into a new world of birthday parties by planning a COSTUME party for G.  We're all dressing as characters from Star Wars.  

I would like to make an aside here to prove that my son is probably straight...  He picked a costume for me that looks like, well, let's just say G's going to a boob guy.  So, Asajj Ventress costume here I come... combat boots and a red light saber... and low cut form fitting velvet dress...  Boyo I hope it's not hot on Party Day!  I could melt.  

OK, so Costume party for boys.  When you do a costume party for girls, they all come dressed as princesses, and you paint their nails, faces and have tea parties and such.  No danger of things getting too messy and ruining any costumes, unless you consider apple juice "tea" a real danger.  So, back to the boy thing....  crafts all sound messy and I'd be sad if anyone's costume got ruined.  Games all sound wild and I don't want anyone to get hurt.  I am not working with kids who are at an age of Star Wars Trivia (6 & 7 year olds).  Currently the only thing I have going is a pinata.  But, the real proof of my neurosis is in the cake...  

I am angst ridden over making a cake versus buying a cake.  For one thing, home made cakes by G are SO much cheaper than store bought cakes.  And cooler, if you're into the 3-D Thomas the Train thing, or hand carved Blues Clues cakes, or a Sorting Hat cake...  to bad we're not working with Harry Potter, Thomas or Blue... we're looking at R2D2 or TIE fighters or something.  Something that's going to take all week.  Something I don't have time for.... something, that I will end up staying up until 2am the night before working on.... why?  So small children can eat the frosting so fast that no one notices that they're eating a piece of art.  It's not like 6 year old boys appreciate that sort of thing!  But I have to make the cake so I can one-up every other mother coming...  

Trust me.  We're having a lame at home party with no moon bounce.  The cake is all I have going...  well, that and the boobs stuffed into the costume, and we already know that that's a REAL danger w/ b around.

No comments: