Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Trashy Smut

I admit, I love trashy smut novels as much as the next SAHM.  I do...  it's just, I'm now reading what I've come to realize is the mother of all smut.  Morte D'Arthur.  Holy crap.  In the 1st forty pages, we've got an affair, a child "gotten" out of wedlock, a proposition, a war over a lady, a declaration of true and faithful love, followed immediately by another extramarital affair with a SIBLING!  Anyway, it's quite a book.  A bit cluttered wyth the grete language of the 14th century, but still, far more smutty than I expected.  

So, it's off to write a paper on the lust and violence of Arthur's conception.  What better topic for a rejected smut novelist to choose?  I'll be honest, I look forward to the response on the discussion board of class by the 10 or so 19 year olds in the class....  God, I'm old.

No comments: