Tuesday, September 23, 2008

sticky

I'm sorry, but no one prepared me for the stickiness of motherhood.  Seriously, we have sticky fruit juice from a pear for breakfast resulting in sticky fingers, a sticky high chair, sticky baby hair and even sticky baby shampoo.  Not to mention sticky diaper goo that goes on after the bath on the clean baby.  Add that to the sticky neon blue sparkly toothpaste that's cementing in my bathroom sink as I type this, the sticky bubble goo that clings to your fingers after digging the little bubble wand out of the Bubble bottle...  And don't forget the way play-do molds to the grooves in a pair of tennis shoes, or the slime that lingers on the bottom of the liquid soap dispenser.  Yes, motherhood is definitely sticky.

My house will never be clean, will it?

1 comment:

PinkAsphaltMama said...

I'm right there with you! I had an epiphany this weekend as to what my Mom dream is.

I want every item of clothing, every towel, every sheet, every pillowcase, every nap mat that we are not currently wearing to be clean and put away.

In other words, I want every laundry basket empty, the dirty clothes graveyard underneath W's bed excavated, every sock washed (the unrealistic dream would be for all socks to match up, but that's too much to ask for)

What a dream! (my verify word is ooktxgoo -- how appropriate!)