Friday, January 8, 2010

1:5 Ratio

That light at the end of the tunnel, it is NOT the oncoming train! It is the LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!!!

"I am really pleased with how this is coming along, you've shown tremendous improvement this week, and you worked out too, which really means you've come a long way in a relatively short time." This is an actual quote from the Witch Dr, in reference to my ITband/Hamstring injury.

I have been granted permission (by the Witch Dr) to RUN!!! YEAH BABY! But (isn't there always a "but"?) I can't just go out and run. He wants me to "jog easy" for 1 minute for each 5 minutes that I walk, concentrating on good form and stopping every mile of exercise to stretch my hip flexors, not exceeding 45 minutes of activity. After I do that for a week with little or no pain, THEN he will consider giving me more leeway.

Happiness isn't always in the form of chocolate, a race finish, a runners high or a slobbery toddler kiss... sometimes it can be found in the prospect of 9 minutes of light running.

No comments: