Tuesday, January 26, 2010

speaking of comic relief

TONIGHT, AT THE DINNER TABLE, WE PROUDLY PRESENT
B
DOING HER OWN STAND UP ACT
WITH HER UNIQUE BRAND OF HUMOR...

B: "Today a' scool, we payed Duck Duck Goose. And the boys they said Duck Duck Poop!"
and she dissolves in to hysterical laughter.

My entire family, H included, is trying HARD not to laugh. Not successfully, I might add.

And I'm left to be the straight man and say, "that's potty language, we don't use that language at the table."

But secretly, I'm cracking up inside, because seriously, she thought it was that funny.

4 comments:

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

eerie .. we had the same conversation about duck duck goose and potty mouth at my house today too.

Anne said...

It is funny. I wouldn't have been able to hold back.

And I went to high school in Newport News - used to go to Virginia Beach a lot and had my PR at the Shamrock Marathon! (My sister went to VCU...I love The Fan.)

Anne said...

No way I would have been able to hold back :)

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

There is a trail I run on covered in Duck Duck Poop, it is very SERIOUS!! LOL!!