Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'd like to thank the academy

All my life I've been waiting to say those words... and now, I get to say them to TMB at Racing with Babes! Thanks TMB. I've been awarded with the Beautiful Blogger Award!

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time right now, since I'm frantically trying to pack for Bermuda, help kids with homework, and tidy my messy house. But since all I have to do to accept this award is divulge 7 things about myself AND pass the award on to 7 worthy bloggers.... drum roll please... oh wait, I'm mixing metaphors... well, then I humbly accept this honor.

  1. I only took up running as a "hobby" because I wanted to hang out with a particular group of women whom I admired, but we were all busy moms so social events were few and far between, and it seemed like the most logical way into their group. I was totally right too - they're as amazing as I thought they would be and it turns out I LOVE the sport.
  2. My car is always messy. I clean it about once a month, and it's immediately messy again. For certain that's because I always have a bike pump, 2 blankets, a light weight sweatshirt, a running skirt (in case of running emergency), a double stroller, a coloring book and a box of crayons on hand at all times.
  3. I am the only person I know who has successfully cleaned melted crayon out of mini-van dashboard, so hit me up if you need help.
  4. When I lived in Boston I suffered from depression. I don't know if it was seasonal, "baby blues", or something else, but going through it helped me be more compassionate to people who suffer with the illness.
  5. I am an Olympic JUNKIE. I will watch sports that I have never heard of, cheering for people I've never heard of, all in the name of being patriotic. HELLO- best sport ever for an ex-BMX bike racer: SNOW BOARD CROSS. Awesome.
  6. My mother lives in Bermuda. I get to go A LOT. I'm leaving tomorrow, at o'dark 30 for the airport! YAY ME!
  7. I have 3 children, ages 10 - 3, a passion for running that has lead me to complete a marathon, and a 4.0 GPA in a Nursing Program (which will make me an RN in about 18 more months). Some people might accuse me of over achievement, but people who know me well, know that my house isn't always clean and I'm always trying to fit "one more thing in" to my day.
Thanks so much for this HONOR! I will pass it on now to:

robinbb @ WestfordMommy
Danica @ Chic Runner (Danica is the ORIGINAL Road Cone Orange marathoner I talked about a loooong time ago)
the TEAM @ Run Like A Mother

Have a SUPER day today in the land of the BLOGS. The next time you hear from me, I will be giving a "non-race Bermuda Race Weekend Report".

2 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

I LOVE LOVE that this started as a hobby. Have a safe trip :)

Chic Runner said...

YAY for road cones! :) It's the only way to go :) Thanks for the sweet award and have a great time on your trip!