Thursday, February 4, 2010

Not to BRAG, but...

Can I just brag for a moment about how cool my son G is for a 2nd grader? He is so artistic, and I often think he might be my most gifted child (shhh, don't tell the other two). Well, in October he entered a photograph he took in a school wide contest. We'd gone to a local park and photographed the Koi fish. I was in charge of throwing crushed up Goldfish crackers at the Goldfish while G took 23 (no really, 23) photos until he got one he liked.

Well, it was SO NEAT, and I wasn't that surprised that it won at the school level. Seriously, a neat photograph that only a little kid could take. From there it moved up to the county level. And I gently told him that as cool as the picture is, I doubted very much that a 2nd grader would get to represent our entire county. He was cool with that. To be honest, I'd sort of forgotten all about it until yesterday.

I found out that it WON at COUNTY LEVEL! This means that his picture beat out several hundred other photographs that won at the school level! Next it advances to District Level, and while I have the utmost confidence in my son's photographic work, I highly doubt it will win again... BUT isn't it COOL???

The THEME is "Beauty is..."

5 comments:

Anne said...

Congratulations to G!! That is a truly beautiful picture...you totally get bragging rights on this :)

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

SOOO COOL! Stop apologizing for bragging.. LOL!

RunHapi13 said...

That is so awesome - and you SHOULD brag! Good lesson he is learning that he doesn't have to win and that he has been raised so well to take things in stride.
Congrats to G and Mom! Are you selling prints? I wold love one for the house! Ask G what his going rate would be...

Tricia said...

Congrats, thats awesome!

Erika said...

Very cool!!! I tried to get my 2nd grader to participate but he didn't like the theme - Grrr!

Congrats to your son!