Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thursday Therapy

Today is supposed to be my day off.

On Thursdays I put the kids on the bus, take the girls to preschool, and lace up my Therapy, er, running shoes. When I was at my strongest, Thursdays were filled with 8 miles of blissful iPod filled solo running. Not that I mind running with friends, it's one of my favorite things to do, but there truly is something great about going out by yourself for an hour and twenty minutes of alone time.

And today, I envisioned one of those runs. Albeit, a much shorter run, but still. I couldn't wait. I was going to aim to run for 30 minutes, with 6 minutes of planks, 2 minutes of stretching, preceded by some plyometric warm ups and followed by some ice.

Instead, I get to go for a walk, with a Double BOB and 2 hyper dogs. So NOT Therapeutic.

ON other notes, I think I should rename this blog "Neurosis of the Stay at Home Student" because I am FREAKING THE FREAK OUT over my Anatomy & Physiology class. I would like to thank Racing with Babes AND Endurance Isn't Only Physical for posting foot bone related injuries in their blog in the past few months, it would seem that I know my ankle, foot, toe anatomy very well. Now, the cellular anatomy, how many ATP's are used in cell transport of NaCl and K (keeping in mind that K needs to be IN the cell and NaCl needs to be OUT of the cell, only the concentration gradient makes it want to be the OTHER way around...), how the RNA strand is similar to DNA and which nucleotides are in which, and which organelle produces Protein again?... well, all that is escaping me. Can someone in blogland please blog about that???

1 comment:

Anne said...

Yikes! That's sounding a lot like biology. What are you studying?

Too bad on the non-therapeutic run...but, as you've probably heard countless times...they'll be all grown up before you can say "supercalifragilistikexpialidocious" :)