Thursday, February 18, 2010

Three Things Thursdays

I wanted a snappy Thursday blog title, so I wouldn't have to steal from everyone else in blogland, but... I could not find a better alliteration. I've been pondering that for the 3 available minutes I had to ponder it, and nothing. So. Done with that and moving on...

Today I will post Three Things Thursday:

1) LENT - this year, I'm "doing the Lent thing" again. No Meat on Fridays and make a sacrifice. I'm not giving up chocolate again, because I don't think God really cares if you give up Chocolate. One thing that God does seem to care about is "doing to others as you'd have done to you" and "loving thy neighbor". So on that note, I decided to Give for 40 Days. I have tons of stuff in this house that's hardly getting used, so, I am going to give it away. Yesterday's bag of stuff to Salvation Army contained 2 wool sweaters that I hardly wear because they're itchy, a pair of too big pants, and a coat. Today's offering was some brand new plastic food Toys that B doesn't need. She has at least 100 pieces of Food. Really, it does nothing but cause a headache. So, I thought we could give 50 pieces away. Amazingly enough, removing 50 pieces of fake food from the fake kitchen didn't de-clutter the real kitchen very much at all.

2) YOGA X - yesterday I "attempted" P90X YOGA X. After 20 minutes of various Downward Facing Dogs, Runners Stances and Warriors my stomach flipped over and I felt like I was going to Dear Gentle Reader, this is where I will spare you the GORY details. So I had to stop doing YOGA X. I hadn't eaten much, but thought that maybe I'd eaten wrong. Though, typically dry cereal, raisins and some coffee 2 hours prior would be an approved pre-workout meal.... but now, I have some suspicions.... because today...

3) I went to the Witch Dr, and asked (aka begged) if I could RUN for REAL sometime soon. Last night I was totally stressed out by G, B, getting to class, the material in class, etc. I need to RUN. And, once I explained this to him, he said he would allow it... TODAY...blahblahblah if I promise not to run through pain or do any sprints etc and so forth. YEAH! So he taped me up with some nifty aqua colored tape, and I came straight home to run. I had directions to do Strides today - run fast in 20 second increments for 5 minutes, run a normal "steady state pace" for my run, and do 5 minutes of strides to complete my run.
The Nifty Tape on my knee that HAPPENED to match my AQUA skirt!
And since I thought it would be weird to post my leg without the rest of me....

So I set off to do a short warm up jog before starting a REAL RUN, and I immediately felt bad. Not bad in the knee, bad in the stomach. Still, I thought I might just be over analyzing my "feelings" and I kept going. I leveled out and hit a nice comfortable pace. Mile 1 was a 9:21, thanks to the Strides. Then, mile 2 slowed to about 9:40. Toward the end of mile 2 I hit a mental thing and had to force myself to keep going. At the beginning of mile 3 I felt wretched. And I had to WALK for about 1 minute, because my lungs could not keep up, and my stomach was on FIRE. I don't know what to think about that... except that I did strides again for the last mile, bringing me in around 9:40's for that mile, and I sprinted a bit (sorry Witch Dr) because I had to get home as quickly as possible because I knew I was going to be horribly and violently Dear Gentle Reader, let me again stress that this little edit is for your own good.

At this point I have suspicions that I might actually be ill. Or fighting off something. Certainly, this is not normal behavior for me on a "less than 4 mile run". My lungs feel icky too, which makes me sad. I haven't taken my rescue inhaler in a long long, long long, long long time, and I'd like to keep it that way. Tomorrow I'm to rest, and then I will try "real Running" again on Saturday or Sunday!

7 comments:

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

love that we both wore aqua skirts and the pink socks for our runs today!

Allie said...

That's cool that you got to run but it really sucks that your stomach is upset, feel better soon.

MCM Mama said...

Hope the tummy feels better quickly. Glad the run didn't hurt your leg! And totally love that you have a skirt that matches the tape LOL.

Anne said...

You looked so cute!

Glad there was no pain, but really sorry to hear that you may have come down with some virus...and that your lungs are acting up...ugh. Rest up and take good care of yourself...

Jen said...

YOGA X isn't that bad. I mae it to 53 minutes... but still cannot finish it. One day...

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Oh sooo sorry you did not feel well. That tape reminds me of the Beach Volleyball players in the Olympics. LOve the sunglasses, you and T are so darn cute!

Anne said...

Thanks for the edited version for those of us with similarly weak stomachs.