Friday, March 5, 2010

5 Things Friday

Five Things Friday

1) I am cheating on Running with Swimming. Oh, but I love it! It's so awesome. I've gone twice in 3 days and frankly, I could have gone another time if my prof hadn't lectured until 9:00 PM. I mean, I love it and all, but starting a swim at 9:20 seems like a recipe for disaster. I decided that for every run I cut short I'm going to swim the remaining minutes that day's workout. So, if I am aiming to run 5 miles, but the knee fails and I only run 3, I know I owe the pool about 20 minutes. This way I'm still getting 50 minutes of cardio.

2) I am admittedly very nervous for the 10K that is coming up at the end of this month. For one thing, my cardiovascular fitness is a little wimpy. Another is that I've yet to pass 3 miles without having my knee at least check in with me. It doesn't always stop me, but I've never really gone past 4 miles of actual running because of it. How humiliating will it be to fail at a 10K? I mean, if the option was to swim the last 2 miles, I'd be golden, but....

3) When H and I had only been married for about 3 years the center stone of my engagement band was knocked loose. Not lost, but just loose in the setting. So I set it aside as something I didn't have money or time to fix, and went about my life living without it.... "I'll get to it next year". 8+ years later.... EIGHT, almost NINE.... I finally got it reset and picked it up from the jeweler late last night. WOW, it was crazy to walk around in it all day. I feel newly engaged. Remember that feeling, when you would catch yourself looking at your engagement ring? That was me today, 13 years after our engagement.

4) Blogger has been freaking out on me this week. I've tried to post on three or four separate sites, unsuccessfully. On that note, JEN is NOT a NERD... evidence of that can be found in her giveaway, which you can find at Setting You Free. I tried to post something really clever, but I couldn't get it to happen. I also had a clever post for Wannabe, as well as MCM and Anne, but no luck. I reset my Safari and updated my software. Hopefully the gremlins are gone.

5) This weekend my H & I are going to splurge on some family time. Yea, not splurging on money, though I am in the process of selling him on a Disney vacation for next summer. Instead of fretting about our unpainted family room, our uncleaned coat closet, and a dining room that looks like a dirty bomb exploded within, WE are going to tour community center and take our kids for an indoor swim. We are also probably going to join the CC, but, first we want to test it out, I don't want that to sound like we're only taking the tour to get in the building. Simply put, we are not going to fret about "things", we're going to try to savor some time together. Next week I'm going to clean out the coat closet, and I bet you another $10 that I could get next week's 7 bags (well, 6 really) out of that closet alone.


5 comments:

Erika said...

Blogger was acting goofy on me yesterday, as was gmail and I use Safari too. Today it's normal...

i very seldom remember to wear my engagement ring, so when I do, yeah, I'm the same way about noticing the bling. LOL

MCM Mama said...

crud -that was me. I suck at commenting after a couple of beers.

Allison said...

I am so impressed with your running and swimming. Good fo you.

Anne said...

Smart, get the kids involved in swimming and you can do it even more ;)

I had fun reading your 5 things...I really enjoy your writing style, you make me smile.

Hope blogger doesn't give you anymore grief!

Anne said...

I love cleaning out closests and finding money, or even missing socks!