Thursday, March 25, 2010

REALIZED FEARS

So we all know I'm afraid of PINK.

And one thing I fear is falling while B is on the back in the seat.

I'm going to just say this, THANK GOD for 5 POINT HARNESS AND BIKE HELMETS. EVERYONE is fine. Well. I might (bodily harm) to my oldest child.... but that's another story for another day.

This afternoon, we went for a bike ride. Me & my kids. About 1.5 miles into a 3.5 mile ride G's chain came off his bike. So frustrating that this keeps happening to him. So we all stop and get off our bikes.

"C. Park your bike and come over here and hold my bike. It's heavy. You must use 2 hands and be super careful."

"OK Mom."

"Do you have it?"

"Yup."

So I step away, flip G's bike over so I can pop the chain back into place, which takes all of 4 seconds, and in that 4 seconds, C got distracted, started playing with my brakes and... I heard a HUGE CRUNCH accompanied by a terrified SCREAM... C dropped my bike. With B. In the seat on the back.

Anyway, after much screaming, a grounding, a very tense ride home, a punishment, some ice, and what now seems to be a permanent eye twitch, things are pretty much back to normal. I'm still afraid of Pink, only now, B is afraid of Pink too.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Glad everyone is okay... that must ahve been scary.

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

at least you weren't riding it when it fell. Could have been much worse!

Anne said...

Yikes! I hope everyone is okay now...

Chele said...

I'm glad everyone is OK. My brother & I nearly broke my sister like a million times. She turned out OK w/ no permanent brain damage :)