Sunday, March 28, 2010

Unexpected Race Results

Here are the results from the 2010 Monument Ave 10K.

Unexpectedly, I didn't go out too fast, instead cruising out at a comfortable 8:40 pace.

Unexpectedly, I enjoyed every step of the race pain free.

Unexpectedly, I enjoyed every step of the race.

Unexpectedly, at mile 4 I slowed down (I'm not THAT fit), and thought, "hey, if you need a break, you can take a break at mile 6.3. But to be safe, let's just keep it under a 9m/mi". That mile was 8:59.

Unexpectedly, I realized at mile 5 that I was really close to my PR pace, but held steady because it would be really sad if I broke my knee.

Unexpectedly, at mile 6, I realized I could match my previous PR if I ran really hard the last .2... and when I say really hard, I'm talking a 7 minute mile pace... so that's what I did. And crossed the line when my watch read 54:54.. or 54:55... or was that 54:56? I don't know, I forgot to stop it on the line! But knew it was really close.

Later that day, a very very dear friend of mine looked up my results and told me, you did it in 54:54! Alright, that's great. I matched my PR. And then that same friend said, let's look up your old PR and check... and it was 54:55.

Unexpectedly, I achieved a 1 second PR.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Great job!!!!!!

Anne said...

Congrats on a great race!!

MCM Mama said...

Woohoo!!! Great job!