Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Testing... 1, 2, 3

Next week H is taking the kids to see his parents for Spring Break. I'm sure I'll have a lot to say about that later. Meanwhile, it's not my Spring Break, I have class, and attendance is mandatory for an A. (and we all know how I feel about A's) He'll go, and I'll stay.

So first off, I did a little celebration and made some plans. I'm going to spend all day Saturday running and cleaning my house. Yup. Hours (or, 1.2 hours) running, and HOURS deep cleaning my house. I have a nifty little aged toothbrush that is just waiting to dig in to the nitty gritty creases on my stove. I figure, once it's all cleaned on Saturday, I can chill out ALL day Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday doing nothing but running, staring at paint chips, and considering the DVR versus the On DEMAND buttons on the remote. RIGHT?

Yea! No one will go behind me and pull everything out, pile their clothes on the floor, leave wet towels where they don't belong, steal the pot holders to make "ice skates" out of for the newly cleaned hardwoods... Nope, it will stay clean and I will sit back and enjoy it. I might even take PINK for a ride without the kiddos one afternoon, and hit the gym in the middle of the day when it's not crowded and I can perfect my flip turns....

Wait... is next week the first week of April?

Well crud. It would seem that I have 6-9 hours of placement tests to take next week. Oh well, so much for the "chill out" plan. I guess I'll spend ALL DAY CLEANING on Saturday (after my RUN), Sunday is Easter (and I have no idea where I'm going to be after 11am) and then... all day Monday cramming for a Math Exam (it exempts me from a math class if I get a high enough score), all day Tuesday doing a little writing review for my actual NURSING Entrance Exam, and all day Wednesday fretting about an Exam that exempts me from a "mandatory" computer class. Depending on how hard or easy I find the tests, it should take me between 2 - 3 hours to complete each one.

The tests cost about $30 total, and if I have to take the classes, they'll cost me about $650. No pressure, but I don't want to spend $650, and I don't want to have to take those classes this summer.

BUT at least for Saturday and Sunday, I have a non-kid, non-husband, non-thinking plan that sounds blissfully "non".

1 comment:

Anne said...

AND, you get to give all your attention to your placement exams and do great! :) ...perfect timing.